Sunday, October 2, 2011

Morgan's Reading!

I kept Shelby's Kindergarten sight word book. This summer I pulled it out and started working with Morgan to get a head start. She knows all of those words now. Friday she brought Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? home from the library. So at bedtime I had her read it. Obviously this book has a lot of repetitive words but she did great with the colors and animal names.And then at Shelby's soccer game yesterday, she brought a Dora book along and she read it with just a little help from me.
I love how easy it is to work with her on learning. I think it is the second child syndrome at its best. She is even bringing me the flash cards to work on math. I have to turn her down because it is such a struggle helping her sister who needs to work on it more. Unfortunately, this same sister doesn't feel the pressure of her little sis as an incentive to work harder!

No comments: