Monday, June 1, 2009

Trip to the ER...... AGAIN!!

The girls and I headed out this morning to play at a park with some of Shelby's preschool classmates. When we got home we headed into the toy room for some serious cleaning. I put one of the small chairs up on the little table so we could vacuum. I left the room to plug the vacuum in, and soon heard a loud crash and crying. I went in to find Morgan getting up off the floor and she said she hit her head. I put my hand on the area just to comfort her a bit. When I took my hand off it was red from the blood gushing out. I really couldn't tell how bad it was so I decided it was best to take her to the ER. The girl has such a high tolerance of pain she was done crying by the time we were half way to the hospital. Big sis on the other hand was somewhat distraught. She felt bad for little sis and I think partly responsible. She was able to pull it together shortly after arriving at the ER. I had forgotten I put the chair on the table and after I gave the Dr. the information about what happened, they confessed the chair was up on the table and Shelby had gotten up there to sit first. Morgan decided to try it and somehow tipped over backwards and hit her head on the toy kitchen. Their kitchen is made out of solid wood, not plastic like some so she had a hard land with the head. God gave me a very accident prone/klutzy monkey in that girl but thankfully He filled her with pain tolerance as well. She did great and only fussed a bit when the nurse cleaned her hair off to find the wound. She got tired of me holding gauze with some liquid stuff on it to numb the area for the staples. And she didn't get too worked up when the Dr put 4 staples into her head! She cried a little bit and then she was ready to go home. Shelby did good waiting as the TV can always keep her occupied and she got to watch Spongebob (we never watch that at home). It was the only thing on the TV for kids. Here is the battle wound. If you don't have a weak stomach and want to see it closer, click on the picture. Just a reminder, 6 months ago I took her to the ER after she fell down the stairs at my parents house. Let's try not to make this a habit Morgs!

1 comment:

KrotShomglin@gmail.com said...

Poor Little Miss Morgan!😭 I hope you were okay after that ordeal!🙏