Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fourth of July Fun

The girls and I headed north to WI for the 4th again this year. Aunt Ashley was co-pilot for our trip. The weekend started with frosting cupcakes with Nonny. Ashley said after watching them frost, she wasn't sure she was going to eat any. There was a lot of extra licking going on! Then we took a drive and had supper at the lake. On the 4th the rain put a damper on the parade, but the candy we collected more than made up for it! Morgan was a trooper and collected all the stray candy. I didn't have plans to do the carnival this year since we did that in June at my hometown festival. Good thing because we headed home out of the rain as soon as the parade was over. You would have thought Shelby was the Wicked Witch of the West and was "MELTING, MELTING" in the rain! We didn't go back for the fireworks since the girls didn't have naps, they start so late & we had to get up for church the next day. We saw them in June as well so it wasn't a big deal. Papa Moe bought a few that they enjoyed with cousins Noah & Caleb.
Once the rain cleared the weekend turned out pretty nice and the kids had fun on the Slip-N-Slide. Shelby and Morgan also had fun 4 Wheeling with my uncles Nick and Doug and their families. And all that fun is awful hard on a little girl. Ashley enjoyed taking a few pictures of Morgan asleep on the way home.
And to any of you readers who are on my email notification list, I apologize if you were emailed 50 times! I have struggled getting this post to do what I wanted, and finally at midnight and several thoughts of throwing the computer across the room I decided just to type and post photos at the end. Again, sorry!


































No comments: