Friday, April 9, 2010

Nice to Meet You!

Today Shelby brought home a Progress Report from school. The 3 ratings are
O = Outstanding, S = Satisfactory and N = Needs Improvement. Progress is being reported on: Listens Carefully, Stays on Task, Follows Directions, Treats Others With Respect, Follows Class Rules, and Does His/Her Best Work. This Shelby who goes to this school and apparently lives in my house received an O = Outstanding in each! And an additional comment from her teacher said, "Shelby is a wonderful role model". I read the report out loud to Nate with Shelby sitting there. When I was done I reached out and shook her hand and said, "Nice to meet you Shelby. I'm not sure I know you". I signed the form to send back to school with a little note that said, "I'd love it if this same Shelby lived in my house". :) I have also heard similar praises from her AWANAS leader at church. She says she is so sweet and helpful and listens so well. I know everyone says that you always want your kids to behave better outside the home than at home, BUT is there anything wrong with once in awhile seeing this same sweet and well behaved angel everyone else gets? On Thursday in the car after school she says, "Mommy, I'm going to take it easy on you today". Considering this was the day I was sick I told her I'd appreciate that. Nice thought anyway. Her idea of taking it easy and mine are clearly not the same. I guess I will be proud of this Shelby and keep working on the one that lives with me!

No comments: