Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Morgan's First Day of Preschool

Hard to believe that my baby is now in preschool! Today was Morgan's first day at Sharing Tree at College Park Christian Church. Sharing Tree is new to us as Shelby attended preschool through the Town of Normal's Parks & Rec department. Unfortunately due to budget cuts, Rising Stars closed at the end of May. Sharing Tree was an easy choice as it is up the street and around the corner from our house, as well as we know others who have sent their kids there and had nothing but good things to say. Next door neighbor Henry is in her class as well as church bud Isaiah who was born the day before her. I didn't really know Isaiah's mom Amberly back in 2006, although we had mutual friends. Our friend Candi was visiting her when she saw Nate in my room right across the hall from Amberly! It is always nice going into something new with a familiar face or two. She said she had fun but did say she missed me, Nate & Shelby. And she was confused and disappointed when daddy & sister where not home when she returned. Here are a few pictures recording this date in Morgan's history! :)
If you read the post on Shelby's first day of school, you saw the going back to school gift opening.
Here she is with the Hello Kitty bag
Time for School, Mouse!
With her pink monkey backpack
before heading out on the first day

At the time of the going back to school gift opening, I only had one book for Morgs. Since I had two for Shelby, I told her I would get her another to open on her first day.
Preparing to open
She said she knew it was a book & had seen
it in the front seat of the van. Snoop!
One Smart Cookie
Bite Size Lessons for the School Years and Beyond
She wasn't thrilled with it but Shelby has a copy and it is a cute book full of important life qualities. With school this morning and Wednesday night church starting tonight, my little school girl was wiped! I am curious to see if she is as excited on Friday.

No comments: