Tuesday, September 25, 2012

School Pictures

 I saw Traci on Sunday.  She is my friend who has been giving me grief for my few and far between posts lately.  I figured I would do a simple post and get the girls school pictures on here.  The district worked with LifeTouch this year.  I think they turned out pretty good.  LifeTouch does our church directories so I was pretty familiar with them.  I haven't had the girls' annual pictures taken yet.  If LifeTouch sells a size big enough to fit my living room frames, I may just have to order these and call it good.
Shelby - my brown eyed girl
3rd Grade
Morgan - my blue-grey eyed girl
1st Grade
Shelby's hair looks to be a little darker than Morgan's.  Both have beautiful streaks of color that most people pay big bucks to have.  And in case you have wondered but never asked, I used to have hair that color.  That is the most frequent question I hear - where did they get their hair color?  And since the pictures were taken, Shelby's front tooth is FINALLY starting to come through!
So far both girls are enjoying their teachers and classes.  Shelby probably a little more than Morgan.  I think Morgan likes her teacher but has a few in her class that annoy her.  She seems to be liking 1st grade much more than K.  I think she was kind of bored in K and did not like the long day.  According to an email I got from her teacher, she is by far the best reader in her class.  Her teacher was afraid she wouldn't have anyone else to put in a reading group with her, but she came up with 2 other kids.  She is hoping Morgan being in their group will help them improve in their reading.  The first week of school I had her go through all of Shelby's 2nd grade sight words from last year.  She did pretty good with the first set of 3rd grade words Shelby brought home last week.  She plays teacher when she comes home and her class of course is made up of baby dolls.  She is supposed to read at least 15 minutes each day and do her word sort which is the new way of teaching spelling.
The only negative part of 1st grade has been the headaches.  Morgan first complained her head hurt the 3rd day of school.  1 week later when her head still hurt, I took her to visit the pediatrician.  He determined she probably is having migraines.  I kept track of her pain levels 3 times a day for 2 weeks and then we followed up with him.  He gave her some meds to help prevent the headaches.  On Monday, she had her first of 3 times a week visits with a chiropractor.  Due to the fact the girl has had so many falls in her 6 short years, I thought her headaches could be a result of a body out of alignment. The other possibility is a sinus infection.  Next week I am taking her to see her allergist that she hasn't seen since 2009.  He is going to do a full respiratory allergy test.  Hopefully one of these doctors can help her feel better!

No comments: