Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Girl So Not Like Me

After church today, the girls and I dined at the usual Taco Bell and then made a stop or two.  On the way home we made the final pit stop at the library to return some books and pick up a few more.  Wouldn't you know they had to advertise the afternoon activity right where we had to go to get up to the Children's Department.  What would that be, you ask?  Why wouldn't it be Snakes Alive!  And why wouldn't my amphibian loving daughter see it?  We did our thing and checked out our books.  She was not happy when I told her I wanted no part of seeing a bunch of snakes.  Then I saw an advertisement that said you could enjoy them from "near or far".  So I made her promise if I took her down to it that she could never call me a mean mom again.  Of course she agreed and of course I know that she will never keep her end of the bargain.  The first thing she did was pet a baby alligator.  I got close enough to that to take her picture.
Thankfully this event was an open house.  The snakes did not come out of their cages and if you wanted to see them you looked and left.  Shelby took some pictures on her ipod but they will not be making an appearance on my blog!  Morgan did not pet the alligator but she did go through the snake line with Shelby.  Oh, Shelby girl, I am so glad you are not a big chicken like your mother!
PS -  I know I have a lot of catching up to do on here.

No comments: