Monday, September 15, 2003

Doctor Confirmation

Well, I had my confirmation from God, next I needed to visit the doctor.  Following a simple urine sample test, Dr. Nord confirmed I was pregnant!  FINALLY!!  I don't remember the exact amount of time that passed from when Nate agreed to add kids to our family and when it actually happened.  It was about 18 months.  Which seemed like a lifetime.  I didn't tell Nate I'd taken the tests at home and I hadn't told him I was going to the doctor.  I do remember I was resting on the couch when he got home from baseball practice and he asked me what was up?  I said, "I'm pregnant".  He said, "Says who"?  I said, "The doctor."  I don't remember too much from the early days in the pregnancy.  I was never sick but I was tired.  Somehow I made the 30 minute trip home from work.  Sleeping through most of it.  I'd open the door from the garage and crash on the couch.  Nate would come home later and say, "I knew I'd find you there".  I was given a due date of May 11, 2004.

No comments: