Monday, September 15, 2003

A Sign

I don't remember all the details of what happened next. I do remember some time had passed, and circumstances led me to take a pregnancy test. I can still see in my mind the positive test result, but that line was so faint, I just wasn't sure if I could believe it! I didn't say anything to Nate. The next day I went to work as usual. At the Telephone Company, we at times were the recipients of some bakery items from the B/N grocery stores. A lady in Gridley would come down and ask for the items that were scheduled to be tossed out. Nothing wrong with them, shelf time was up. She would bring them to us at the office to enjoy. A small kitchen area was outside the women's restroom and this is where such treats would be left. On this particular day, I had taken a potty break. While in the restroom, I remember praying and asking God for a sign. Was I pregnant or not? I wanted a confirmation before getting in to see the doctor. When I came out of the restroom, there on the counter was a cake that had just been dropped off. The cake said, "Welcome Baby"! It was a baby shower cake. Prior to that day, we had never had a baby cake. I am willing to bet they never had another one either. That cake was there for 1 reason. God's answer to my prayer! :)

No comments: