Thursday, August 19, 2010

All Ready to Go!

Tonight was Back to School night for Unit 5. Shelby was able to go to her school and meet her teacher and put her supplies in her desk. Her first grade class room is in the same room she was in for Kindergarten. Mrs. Ghrist, her K teacher, left Oakdale to go to a new school to teach first grade. Oakdale had four 1st grade classes last year but with the budget, they cut one at the end of the year. Everyone was panicking because those 3 first grade classes were going to have 34 kids in them! Well thank God, someone in the district has a brain because at the last minute they added a 4th class. Shelby was moved into the 4th class. Ms. Hoelscher came from another school where she previously taught 4th grade. I don't think she could be a better fit for Shelby! She is young and cute, just like Mrs. Ghrist and we loved her. Here are a few pictures from tonight.
Ms. First Grader!
Writing her name in all her books
With Classmate & Church Friend
Emily
Shelby & Ms. Hoelscher
Shelby has a K classmate at the desk across from her. Shelby's desk sits at the end of the row. Next to her is a boy with a lot of energy. He had a balloon he was bouncing around in the room tonight. I'm giving her until Monday after school before I hear her first complaint about him. In my mind I already complained to myself about him tonight! We have one more quick trip to WI for the weekend for my cousin Amy's wedding and fun with the Mosley cousins. Then Monday is the big day. I think she's in for another great year of learning! GO PANTHERS!

No comments: