Sunday, April 3, 2011

St. Patty's Puppy Love

The week of St. Patrick's Day, Shelby's class wrote notes to their friends in the class. She brought one home from Mya. I read it and said to Shelby that was nice of Mya to write to you. She had no comment and did not offer any details about whom she may have written her note to. One night the following week, I checked my phone and I had a text from her classmate Quentin's mom. The text had a picture of the note Shelby wrote to Quentin. She said she thought I'd like to see it and that Shelby sure had a way with words! I replied that I was honestly a little afraid of what I would read. Here is the note and below are the words as it is kind of hard to read.Quentin,
I like you because your sweet. I like you because your smart, funny and because your cute! Your my hart-shaped cake. Your fun, playfull, and nice. Your lucky to know me!
Shelby

She thinks he's the best and was thrilled to have a play date with him yesterday. He's a good kid and he is smart and a better choice of a friend than the girls in her class she hangs around with most. So as long as I can control her puppy love, I'm happy she has a friend like him.

No comments: