Thursday, July 14, 2011

Passing On Love For Baby Dolls

As I was digging through my box of old photos, I came across several of me with my baby dolls. I guess Morgan may have innocently inherited a love of dolls from her momma. I remember having 2 dolls that I played with a lot. I still have them stashed away in my trunk. They were Hush-A-Bye & Jeanette. Hush-A-Bye ran on batteries and she cried while her legs kicked and her head rolled back and forth. The poor thing was played with so much we eventually had to tape her legs onto her body. Unfortunately these days she is missing 1 leg! Jeanette had soft hair and was my first doll with eyes that opened and closed. I took them every Sunday to my Great Grandparents' house. Even when I was too old to play with dolls, my grandma would ask me each week how Hush-A-Bye was doing? I scanned a few pictures of me & my babes. I have seen Morgan many times holding her babies in just the same way.
Hush-A-Bye
New Ride for the Baby
Jeanette


No comments: