Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Stuff

Shelby is doing a lot of reading on her own this summer. On her own I mean, picking up a book without being told. She's been reading since Kindergarten, but probably had to be told to get a book out and read. This summer I have been trying to teach her that she needs to carry a book with her to occupy herself when there is some "waiting time". Restaurants, doctor appointments, driving across town, etc. I keep telling her reading is a better alternative to the DS, which also serves well for all these things. I snapped a picture of her today reading in the chair. I find her sitting like this a lot.
She was finishing up a book she got last week at the library. It's this Mallory series and she really likes it. This is the 2nd book about Mallory that she has read. They have around 15 or 16 chapters in them. The first book I picked up for her on a Monday and she finished reading it the next day. Relaxing in the chair reading a book inside was perfect on such a hot day as today.

While Shelby was reading, I found Morgan resting. This summer has messed up her sleeping just a little. She's taken a few naps, but then she doesn't want to go to bed at night. Tonight would be one of those nights! I like to call her "Snoozy Suzie". Here she is.

No comments: