Saturday, September 3, 2011

Morgan Learns to Tie Shoes!

Earlier this week, Morgan's teacher told her class that the long weekend would be a good time for them to learn to tie their shoes. So after school yesterday, she decided she wanted to try. Now I for one lack the patience to teach children such things. So when Shelby needed to learn before she went to K, I had my mom and Ashley teacher her. But then again that child never has been good about cooperating with me to learn anything. Fortunately for me, Morgan is a quick learner and wants to learn so that makes the whole process much easier. She had it figured out in 10 minutes or less! Unfortunately, Mrs. Fitzgerald failed to mention that Saturday would be a good time to sleep in and get some much needed sleep to prepare for another week of school. Especially on the only free Saturday we have until the middle of October! The kid was up before 7am! Thankfully Nate had an 8:00 bus to Chicago for a baseball game or two and he fed her breakfast. About 7:45 she told me she was going to go downstairs to tie shoes! So I grabbed the camera and got some shots. Here she is:
lacing up
making sure they are even
can even do it without looking
(just like everything else she does!)
don't you wish you could still sit like that?

now for real shoes
good work Morgs!
no problem!

No comments: