Monday, January 23, 2012

Shelby & Upwards Basketball

I decided to sign Shelby up for the Upwards Basketball program.  So far it has been a good fit I think.  Considering her Parks & Rec team of 1st graders had boys and girls on it, it is an adjustment to watch an all girls team!  She is also enjoying the social aspect of being part of a team.  She gets mad at me when I make her come home instead of letting her stay a while longer to hang out with her friends.  I find that basketball, like soccer is hard to get good pictures.  I have a few.
Before the 1st Game


 new shoes
they are purple even though they appear to be blue



 guarding her friend from church & school, Emily
the team, the Lady Illini
 always have to have a goofy pic
after game snack with Amber from church
 At Upwards they have a devotion at the end of each practice.  After games the coach hands out colored stars that represent awards.  Shelby's star from Saturday was for All Around best effort.  She had a good game and scored 8 points.  This is the only Illini team I can cheer for! :)

No comments: