Saturday, July 28, 2012

Meet Neat & Tidy

When Shelby heard me tag Morgan as Sloppy Moppy, she wondered what nickname I had for her. I made up Sloppy Moppy based on characteristics that make Morgan who she is.  So considering that for a moment, I told Shelby she was Neat & Tidy.  Here is one of my all time favorite pictures of her taken last year at her birthday party.  (Hat curtesy of Uncle Al).
She is about as opposite as it gets from Morgan when it comes to liking things picked up.  She doesn't always get it put away as she likes to stick things under her bed & dressers, but the first thing she does every morning is make her bed and there is nothing left out on her bedroom floor.   Some of her other personality traits ruffle my feathers.  Most of our arguments are based on difference of opinion to clothing.  For example:
-  it's too flowery
-  it's too girly
-  a dress that is for church only she doesn't want to wear to church but to her cousins' birthday pool party (that she'd have to wear for a 3.25 hour car ride)
-  wants to wear the same outfit to above mentioned party that she wore to her own birthday party 2 months prior with same people
-  thinks I know nothing about fashion (I don't claim to know everything but I feel like I know more than an 8 year old girl who doesn't want to dress like a girl)
-  will tell me she likes something when I buy it, but once they tag has been cut & tossed she decides she doesn't like it
- asks for my advice but disregards most all of it
- is somewhat of a perfectionist - so many coloring pages & drawing pages end up in the trash if not just so
Those points don't exactly scream Neat & Tidy but do describe her strong, individual, perfectionistic self.
The other day while outside shooting baskets she said I could call her Neat & Tidy but she wanted her dad to call her Basketball Joe.  Then she came inside and drew him this picture:
Add that to her list - she loves to draw.  We love you for who you are Shelby girl, Neat & Tidy, Basketball Joe.  Even if you challenge us with just about everything!

No comments: