Monday, May 20, 2013

Hyperbole

I have a lot of catching up to do on the Blog again.  Maybe I will get that done with some free time in Oklahoma when I'm not at the ball park.  Before I head to bed I wanted to post a quick one about my funny #1.  The girls brought a lot of papers home from school today.  Nate was looking through them and came across something Shelby had done.  She made a Figurative Language Flip Book.  I hadn't taken the time to look it over yet so I listened as he read them out loud.  Since I was listening with one ear, he had to repeat this one:  Hyperbole - an exaggeration that stretches the truth.  These are the examples she wrote (keep in mind the definition):

My mothers smile is so warm and bright it could melt an iceberg.

Her patience is so mello and kindhearted I can't even describe it.

Her cleaning is done so fast and thoroughly she could clean the whole world!

Her wisdom never ends and is so intelligent she is the smartest in the world!

Her laughter is so groovy it's better than music down the street.

Her love is the best thing about her.

Oh Shelby Girl!  How do you truly think of me???

No comments: