Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Matthiessen State Park

 After studying land forms and creating their own islands, the Oakdale Fourth Graders had a field trip to Matthiessen State Park.  The were able to see some of these land forms for real.  I was a chaperon and let me tell you, I got a work out!!!  Holy climbing stairs and rocks.  Sideways stepping across a bridge because it was flooded.  And the whole time thinking..... how am I going to do this again in two years?!?
My group
Ketsia, Shelby, Jemeriah and La'Niyah
I could barely keep up
as you can see they moved a lot faster than I did
I eventually made it down there!
 entrance to a cave
 looking out the other end of the cave
 steps to climb after making it across the water on stepping stones
 more stepping stones
 there was a little bit of water in the water fall
 they had fun throwing big rocks into this pond
 the top/start of the water fall
A two hour bus ride.  Made our way down to the Lower Dells.  Headed back up to the Upper Dells.  Lunch.  Cause they weren't tired yet, run around some.  Back on bus.  Two hour ride home.  Moved slow but I didn't die.  Success!

No comments: