Saturday, October 12, 2013

Discovering the Dinosaurs

A few weeks ago we decided to take the girls to Peoria after church for the Discover the Dinosaurs traveling display.  Let's just say it was one of those things that had we never heard about it - no big deal to miss it.  I do think the girls enjoyed it and we just kept telling ourselves that...it's for the kids.  We had fun till we went to the souvenir area and I refused to buy anything.  After I said we paid an arm and 2 legs to get in there, Shelby said, "I thought it was an arm and a leg".  I said that it was but that is how much we paid for what we got - 2 legs!  If anything it was a rare day that we could spend together in the middle of fall baseball.  Here are some pictures.
 leaving their autographs
 Shelby and her fave triceratops
 digging for fossils
 they did have a lot of dinosaur facts on display
 not the best pics but they did ride a mean looking T-Rex
 I took this up close picture of the duck billed dino since it resembled another of Shelby's favorite critters, the platypus

No comments: