Friday, September 27, 2013

Writing Journals Make Me Laugh

One of my favorite things about school papers are the writing journals.  These are blank slates into the minds of my little peeps and tell me so much about them.  The paper usually has a suggestion for what they are to write about.  Morgan brought home her September journal today and I have found several I want to share.  I will put the suggested topic in ALL CAPS.
I will start with the one that gave me the biggest chuckle cause it is so the truth:
WHEN I FIRST WAKE UP I either go back to sleep or I get up and go downstairs.  On weekends I usually get up and go downstairs.  On weekdays I go back to sleep.  But some days I do both.  (Notice the backward practice.  Up when don't need to be but can't get up when have to).
One that really surprised me:
I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO sky dive.  But I would be scared.  I think it would be really fun too.  But after I did it I probily (probably) would want to do it again.
About her:
WHAT I LIKE THE MOST ABOUT MYSELF IS my hair.  My mom can do a lot of things with my hair.  I like it when my mom braids my hair.  My mom can even do a braid bun.
I LOVE READING because it is really fun and you learn a lot from it.  I like reading with my family.  Before bed I always read with my mom.  When I grow up I want to be a librarian.
A couple for daddy:
I ALWAYS LAUGH WHEN my dad sometimes tells good jokes.  Sometimes they are funny.  But sometimes they aren't funny.
I WAS REALLY EMBARRASSED WHEN I was at my sisters softball game and I thought this one man was my dad.  But he wasn't.  He had a bucket of popcorn and I was reiching (reaching) for it.  And he said I don't know you and and he was pulling away.
A few for Aunt Jill:
WHEN I GROW UP, I WANT TO BE a teacher because it is so fun!  My aunt gave me a lot of school stuff because she is a teacher.  I have a toy room full of school stuff.  When I get home I am going to start again.  (Playing school).
I WANT TO LEARN ALL ABOUT cursive.  I know how to right (write) my name in cursive.  But I think my mom said they don't do cursive any more?  But if we don't my aunt can teach me. Even though she is a kindergarten teacher she can still teach me.
So you get the idea.  I can't wait to read about October!

No comments: