Friday, September 5, 2008

A Facelift for the Toy Room

I haven't posted much lately because all of my free time for the past 2 weeks has been in redecorating the girls' toy room. Sometime after Shelby turned 1 and all of her toys seemed to be accumulating in our living room, I decided to make the formal living room we didn't really use into the toy room. The room had the original wallpaper from when we moved into the house almost 11 years ago. It wasn't horrible but terribly boring for 2 little girls. I tore off the paper myself and then my mom came over the weekend to paint. I think after we painted Morgan's bedroom in 2 tones of purple with 3 inch stripes we would never do such a thing again. But never say never. The girls now have a true girly pink gingham toy room. Here are some photos:






I still have a few things to finish. New curtains, lamp shade, I want to put pink polka dots on the PLAYTIME letters & I want a strip of cork board to hang above the wall shelves to display some of their church & school work. I hope the pictures show the true color of pink. It is not an overwhelming shade or even Pepto pink. Shelby was afraid if I painted the room pink her dad would not go in it again to play. That's funny because after 4 years this is the first "pink" in our house outside of clothes. When we found out Shelby was going to be a girl, that announcement alone was enough to freak Nate out. So I knew there was no way I could do her bedroom pink. Funny thing about that is the room was pink as a spare bedroom before I painted it yellow for Shelby's new room. And then when Morgan came along and yet another girl, I still didn't go pink. She got purple. And their bathroom is yellow & purple. So what other choice did I have for girls than to go with PINK?! And yes, daddy said he would still go in the toy room - even if it is pink!

2 comments:

Jenn Campbell said...

Sarah: What a transformation--- it looks great. I bet the girls love it. Now you can come do our basement for us!!

Sarah W said...

Looks terrific, Sarah! The pink walls are darling. (No pink at my house either!)
I noticed you have a little trampoline. We just bought one for Madeleine--since she's our little enegizer bunny and needs to BURN SOME ENERGY!!!!