Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nothing New.... Just Some Thoughts

Since it has been a week I thought I would just leave some thoughts about the girls. Shelby is doing good at school. Her biggest challenge is sharing the next door neighbor boy with the other students! She is used to monopolizing him when they play together. He has some friends from last year's 3 year old class so she has to get used to that. I got there early to pick her up one day last week. Her class soon came out to play so I sat back and watched. She didn't want to share Carson with the other kids on the tire swing so she went off to do her own thing. It wasn't long and she spotted Ethan who was playing by himself collecting lady bugs. She convinced him to play with her. I think that is what she likes - 1 on 1 focused playing. It seems she prefers the boys. I think because most girls can't keep up with her and the boys can. She likes the challenge. :) Her teacher told me the other day she was the only one who responded "Good morning, Judy" when she greeted the class. Everyone else just said "Good morning". Thankfully the next door neighbor Claire offered for her to come play while I take Morgan to gymnastics so I don't have to deal with the meltdowns. Now I just have to convince Morgan she can't stay to play with Carson and Henry she has to go to gymnastics. If it isn't one thing it is another around here!

And Morgan. She wants to do everything Shelby does except for go on the potty. I can't totally blame her. I haven't put too much effort into training her. I have washed up the panties but I am taking advantage of the convenience of diapers. Last Sunday she was playing in the toy room (the corner behind the rocking chair is her "pooping spot"). Nate was at his office, Shelby was still napping and I was working in the living room. She had been in the toy room for a while and then came out to the living room. I asked her what she was doing in there. The answer, "Pooping my paints. I called my daddy and he come home to change me." Well good luck with that. The girl loves to chew bubble gum. We ate breakfast out this morning with some friends and she got a piece of gum at around 10:30. She just went down for a nap at 2:00 and I had to make her throw the gum away. She was still chewing it! And if you open a can of pop...... sprint race! She will come running as fast as she can. It doesn't matter how far away she is she can hear that. It's too bad they don't hear as well when you are saying, NO!

No comments: