Sunday, November 9, 2008

Baby, Elby, Shelby

When Morgan first started talking, she called Shelby Baby. If you asked her what her sister's name was, that is what she said - Baby. It was cute and we thought maybe that would be her special name for her and continue to call her that even when she learned how to say Shelby. I am not sure if Shelby ever got used to Morgan calling her that. So many times I would have to remind her that Morgan was talking to her. She never quickly responded when she called her Baby. Well it didn't stick. Baby eventually became Elby. Usually what you would hear is, "Hey Elby, Hey Elby" until she got a response. Just recently Elby has turned into Shelby. And sometimes she will repeat me and say, "Shelby Girl" which is our "love" name for her. If she isn't feeling the love, she will ask you to call her that. And since the girl gets herself into plenty of trouble, I try to make an effort to call her Shelby Girl whenever I am not upset with her.

No comments: