Thursday, November 6, 2008

Misc Morgan Moments

Some random thoughts about Morgan-
- In a previous posting titled Morgan Pickles, I shared her new found love for Bread & Butter pickles. The other day she ate the rest in the jar and she is aware we are currently out. I was dressing this evening for a Ladies Tea at church and she said I was going to the store to buy pickles. When I got home she was out in the garage and again she said I needed to go buy pickles!
- Tuesday after dropping Shelby off at gymnastics to meet Nate, Morgan and I headed to the second hand clothes for kids store. Since all Shelby likes to wear is skirts and dresses, Morgan is starting to request the same. Besides church, I never put Shelby in dresses because I like to be comfortable and that is how I dressed her. Not until she was three and could verbalize her opinion on what she was wearing did I start buying her almost nothing but dresses and skirts. So, in the 2T hand-me-downs for Morgan, there are no play clothes in the skirt or dress category. So we went to check out what we could find at Cute As A Button. They also sell used toys and Morgan claimed for herself this small stuffed chair shaped like a dog. It is small, almost the size of a foot stool and they sit on what would be the top of the dogs back if it was standing up. It was $7.99 so we brought it home. The girls said it was their pet and that alone was worth my $8 since that is the closest thing they will have to one! Last night the dog had to sleep in the corner of Morgan's crib and this morning when I asked her what the dog's name was she said, "Puppy Aaron Metzger". That was funny because if you ask her the name of a baby doll she names them all Baby Doll.
- Another thought or two about this dog chair. I knew when I bought it there was going to be a problem because they only had 1. Morgan has truly claimed this chair as hers and Shelby is none too happy about it. Not that we need two of the thing but some days 2 of anything makes life more quiet and pleasant around here. In one of the rare moments Shelby has had to sit on the dog, she had it in front of the TV. And when Shelby is watching anything on TV, she is locked in. Morgan came running through the kitchen straight at her and as she tackled Shelby right off the thing she yelled, "That's mine"! Sorry Shelby, but that would have been quality video material.

No comments: