Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Full Day


I had a hard time calling yesterday Shelby's first day of school since she only went for 1 hour and mom and dad stayed. So today I thought I would take her picture again and give a few details from the first big day. We got to bed early last night and just like yesterday she was up and dressed before the alarm went off. The first thing she asked me was, "When is recess?" I didn't think that was a good sign. Since she is one who is always looking for some fun, I shouldn't be surprised! She seemed really excited all morning - until we got in her class line outside. (The classes meet in lines out on the playground and the teachers come out to get them and lead them to their rooms). She didn't look very happy and I thought she was going to cry. But she held the tears in and the mom of the girl in front of her in line (Audrey) introduced themselves so that kind of helped. When I picked her up she and Audrey hugged good-bye. She brought home a green light card for good behavior so that is a good start. She said her favorite part of the day was recess. She did eat the hot lunch today. Hot dogs were on the menu so I figured it would be good for her to try it out. I think tomorrow she is going to take her lunch. Her dad was impressed she could recite the Pledge of Allegiance after 1 day of school but I had to burst his bubble and tell him she learned that in AWANAS at church since she has been saying that once a week for the last 2 years! And who knows, they probably said it in pre-school as well. She's sharp, but probably not that sharp!
Morgan didn't think it was fair that Shelby had her picture taken so we had to take hers too after dropping big sis off at school.

No comments: