Friday, August 21, 2009

It's Only the Beginning........

Shelby had a small meltdown this morning while getting ready for school. Last night I chose to not wash her hair as I wanted to braid it this morning. She has really gotten into wearing headbands (as you may have noticed from the photos) so she can keep the short curly hairs in the front of her head smoothed down. I didn't feel she needed a headband since she already had a hair tie in the back of her hair. I'm not one for overdoing the look I guess. She had a fit and said she looked like an "idiot"! I told her teacher before school if she seemed to be in a mood it was because she was having a bad hair day. I think she got over it. While waiting to pick her up, Jack's mom (the boy who sits next to her at the table & someone I got to know stuffing envelopes at school yesterday) came up to me. She had Shelby news. Jane also has a 5th grade daughter at the school. The 5th graders help the K's at lunch, etc. Shelby & Jack have the same 5th grade friend. She told the 5th grade helpers that the principal was "HOT"! They thought that was hilarious. When does this stop and she decides boys are yuck (at least for awhile anyway)?

No comments: