Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Impressive Improvements

I used to say Shelby's personality came out in her coloring. She really didn't care and would just scribble away throwing colors all over the paper. It probably wasn't until last year in preschool that she started to get serious about coloring. She has really gotten pretty good at it. If she's not outside riding her bike she is in the house coloring or drawing. I took a few pictures of some of her more impressive work. Hopefully the detail will come through.
I picked these 3 pictures because of her creativity. She added all the colorful stripes on Strawberry Shortcake's hat herself. There was not a pattern marked out for her. The tree on the page with the 2 men is what caught my eye. She colored it with 2 shades of green. She told me Kaila taught her that. She is my cousin's daughter from back home that babysits for me once in awhile.

Morgan does a pretty good job for her age I think. I guess probably because she does so much better than Shelby did at that age. Shelby tells her she scribbles and I have to remind her it wasn't all that long ago she did the same thing. Here are a few of her masterpieces. The most impressive thing about Morgan's scarecrow is she colored that while riding in the car!













No comments: