Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall Parties

Before we celebrate Thanksgiving, I figured I better post about the girls' Fall Parties at school. I stepped out of my comfort zone and volunteered to help at both parties. Morgan's in the morning and Shelby's in the afternoon. For anyone who knows me, they understand being around that many kids is not my first choice of places to be. I survived and it was nice to see them in action in their classroom. At Morgan's party I helped read a couple of stories to each of the 3 groups they were divided in. At Shelby's party I volunteered to make the treat bags and then helped during the party as needed. Morgan was able to wear her costume, Shelby was not. Her school does not allow costumes. They did that day however, have pajama day. That was the reward for meeting the school goal for their fall fundraiser. Here are a few pics. Forgive the poor quality photos. I have had this camera since this summer and have yet to figure it out.
Morgan ready to go
Filling her bag with treats
"Shaking their Sillies Out" before heading upstairs to get candy
Still working on those sillies
Shelby working on a craft at her party
Digging in "brains" for a prize
Got the prize!
I noticed her desk was still as neat and tidy as the night she put her supplies in before the first day. Can't say the same for some of the other desks I saw that day!
I survived and will probably volunteer again as needed!

No comments: