Saturday, November 20, 2010

Morgan's Stay at Papa & Nonny Moe's

A few posts back I had mentioned I was behind on my events, especially from this summer. This one should have come after the big Johnson Family picnic post. When Nate, Shelby and I returned home after that weekend, we left Morgan behind with my parents for the week. Now if I was on the ball (which I'm not), I'd have a picture of my little girl with her suitcase going off to her first week away from home without mom, dad or even big sis. She had no problems with us leaving her there. In fact, she was pushing us out the door! We left on Sunday and I think my mom said it was Wednesday before she mentioned anything about us. The only thing she didn't like was Nonny having to go to work every day. My mom cleans houses for a living. The second or third day of having to go to work with Nonny, Morgan wanted them to leave. My mom said the people wouldn't be happy to come home and not have a clean house. Morgan wanted to know why those people couldn't clean their own houses?! When my dad got home from work in the morning he would come pick her up and take her to McD's or the library or just to play or take a nap back at home. She joined them on a trip to Madison and stopped at the mall for some play time. I received a few pics on my phone while she was jumping on the Wisconsin Power and Light displays.
This one she is on a bunch of light bulbs and my dad said she was jumping across one to another. He said another kid tried to do the same thing and didn't make it. They slid down the side between the bulbs! What can I say, she nuts!
Sitting still on the big hard hat
Worn Out!
On one of the trips to the library, she posed with the Redbird mascot that sits inside the door.
Here she is giving him a kiss

Our old friends Ervin & Phyllis who died earlier in the year had donated the funds to build the new library. Phyllis picked out the furniture and other furnishings for the new building.
Here Morgan is posing with a doll that Phyllis had made years ago and now sits up on the bookshelf in the children's department.
When I returned the next weekend to pick her up, she was excited to see me and ready to go home, but overall she had fun and still talks about her next stay. She talks about going ice skating and I keep telling her she would have to visit in the winter time. And when Aunt Ashley was there since she is the only one in the family that ice skates. Big sis did not mind at all getting all the attention while she was gone. We took advantage of antsy pantsy being away and took Shelby to 2 movies. Nate and I took her to see Despicable Me and Ashley and I took her to see Ramona & Beezus before heading up to get Morgan. Shelby also got to do her school supply shopping that week so she really enjoyed it. Soon I will post about Shelby's turn away and Morgan's at home. Stay tuned.....

No comments: