Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Celebrating Love

We started our Valentine's Day celebrating by hiring a babysitter on Sunday evening. I took my Valentine to eat at Red Lobster (my sacrifice since I don't eat seafood, but they do serve a yummy steak) and a movie. The sitter painted the girls' nails V-tine colors and braided their hair. Both girls had school parties on Monday and I helped in each. I won't even go into my disorganization skills. I really only humor myself. To start with, I didn't get a picture of the girls in their "love" shirts before they headed to school. So I snagged Morgan as she came out of the bathroom at her school. She blessed me with a goofy smile. She insisted on the red shoes although they clashed with her red tights. Not worth fighting over. I've decided for the most part that if they don't care about looking ridiculous, I don't care either. (Side note: as I type this I just spent a couple, irritating, tiresome hours with them at the mall so if you sense any sarcasm, that is why).
Here's the Love Bug all dressed in red
frosting a heart cookie for her snack
playing a heart walk prize game
(Valentine's version of a cake walk)

her treat necklace
In the afternoon I headed to Shelby's class party. I donated Valentine snack cakes and assisted in the craft station. Her group's first stop was the game. It was a balloon flying contest. Here she is blowing up her balloon sitting next to her favorite classmate.
letting the balloons fly
working on the craft
sitting next to Quentin, again
snack time
Monday was a long day with class parties and Bible Study for Shelby and I. So the girls didn't get to open their gifts until Tuesday night. They got a couple of Ruby Valentine books. She's the best!

No comments: