Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Misc Musings

I wanted to share a few silly things I've heard from the girls lately.

Last Friday on our way home from picking up Papa Murphy's Morgan was staring at the people in the car next to us at a red light. I told her not to do that because staring was rude. She wanted to know why people smile at you when you are staring at them. I said because they feel awkward and have nothing else to do! So Shelby pipes up and asks what awkward means. I explain it and she says, "Oh. Lily uses that word all the time so I thought it was a bad word". Lily is her best friend in her class at school who gets in trouble a lot. Since she was unfamiliar with the word and Lily is always in trouble, she assumed it was a bad word. Nice!

On Sunday before church, I was fixing Morgan's hair. I told her she had to clean her room later that afternoon. She claims she will only clean if someone helps her. I told her no one helped her make the mess. She replied with, "It's more fun to do that"!

Shelby was home on Tuesday from school with a fever. She gets overly emotional when she sees the commercials promoting animal adoption. She can't handle the sad faces on those dogs and kitties. After watching one of these, she comes over to me at the kitchen sink and wraps herself around my leg begging for a dog. She says, "I wish I had a dog instead of a sister!" Morgan says matter of fact like, "You will always have a sister and you will NEVER have a dog!"

No comments: