Saturday, May 21, 2011

Celebration Time!!!

We finally got a date in Mid May to celebrate the girls' birthday with our families. At this point we have only had family gatherings, which is fine with me & the girls too as they don't get to see their cousins very much. We were blessed with beautiful weather. The rain held off until all guests had gone home. It wasn't deathly hot. My only complaint was the mosquitos. They were out in full force and got in the house with the rotating door. I was selective on pics as not to overload.
simple decorations for simple parties
(just the way I like it!)
Morgan's Cake
her own creation
I asked her if she had seen this cake design somewhere before. She likes to look through the cake book at Jewel while I am getting stuff at the deli. I thought maybe she had seen a picture there. She said, "No, I made it up myself in my head"! She wanted flowers going around the edge with big flowers in the middle.
forced to stop playing to get a picture
results in forced smiles!
gift card for the momma to buy for her babies!
porcelain doll
always happy to get "stinky" crackers
it's the simple pleasures you know!
she loves her oranges too!
crazy monkey
dog for her doll
stuffed - the only kind we will have in our house!
another happy cracker eater!
also holding another favorite - pistachios
Shelby decided on a bunny cake
count 'em - 7 candles! :(
sharing some swing time with Reese
Shelby & her Aunt Ashley
2 peas in a pod some days!
Uncle Al and Nonny Martha took the kids on a neighborhood walk. Unfortunately, they stopped at a garage sale. Even more unfortunate, it was to the point in the sale of $1 for all the JUNK you can fit in the bag. And to add to that, I had just said the day before that people needed to stop buying my kids stuffed animals. We have enough to open our own zoo! They bought not cute but ugly stuffed critters among a bunch of other disgusting things. Shelby's prize was this hat. She may look cute in it, but my head itches every time she wears it!
They have so much fun playing and before they know it the party is over and the tears start. They hate to see their cousins go hours away both north and south. Thanks to everyone who came and for the gifts. I couldn't post all the pictures but they got some fun stuff. Happy #7 & #5!

No comments: