Friday, May 6, 2011

Shelby is 7!!!!!!!

On Wednesday our Shelby Maddux turned 7 years old! That's just crazy! Since it was a school day and the AWANA awards program at church, it was a busy special day. Daddy also had an out of town baseball game so we did gifts before school. It is amazing how early one will rise when it's their special day! Both girls were up a good 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs earlier than usual or necessary as far as that goes! I have several pictures from the day so I'll just tell her birthday story through those.
dressed up pretty for school

Nonny Mary accepted my invitation to come for a visit. On top of the birthday and the church program, Morgan had a Mother's Day Hawaiian Luau at preschool. Grandma enjoyed that as well.
chocolate donut with sprinkles & a candle
enjoying her donut while taking one of her many phone calls
I think Aunt Dana got to enjoy listening to her eat while they chatted!

I had purchased a bunch of socks on sale last season that I had stashed away in the basement. I got those out and wrapped up 3 different boxes of socks. By the time she opened the last one, she was pretty irritated. She grumbled and tossed them aside. It brought back years of memories of my sister doing the same thing whenever she opened new clothes at her birthday or Christmas! Just one more way Shelby girl is like Aunt Ashley!
Any time Shelby is shopping with me she wants me to buy her pistachios. She doesn't care if it is Walgreens and they are like $10 for a small bag! She was more than excited to get her own jar!
she decided she really likes the Newsboys so I got her their latest CD
DSi game
just has to wait to not be grounded from the DS to play it!
opening her gift from little sis
cowgirl gun and holster to complete last years Halloween cowgirl outfit
Shelby had seen that gun at Cracker Barrel when we were there a few weeks ago for Morgan's birthday. I took Morgan back to buy it but wouldn't buy anything for her. She was so mad. She kept crying and saying it was the worst day ever and I was ruining her life! Guessing that won't be the last time I hear that!
personalized journal
she requested a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting & sprinkles

flowers & balloon delivered from Papa & Nonny Moe
Before church we stopped at Moe's for a quick birthday supper. She told anyone who would listen that is was her birthday. She finished the night with a few more phone calls. While at church my brother Jamie left her a message. Before she went to bed I played it for her. She thought it was my dad but he had already talked to her earlier that morning. I told her it was uncle Jamie. I got a kick out of her response. She said, "Ahh, he never says anything that sweet to me. He's always saying harassing things to me"! Happy Birthday to our drama queen!

*Post Edit: It was late last night when I posted this, and I forgot to include her big surprise for the day. Nonny Mary and I decided to join her for lunch at school. I have never endured this before as I have heard quite a few stories of what goes on during the lunch hour there. I think the assigned seating by classes has had to help. There wasn't any chaos or trouble, just loud. But what can you expect in a gym with all of those kids? The last few weeks of school they are going to go from 2 lunch groups to 3 to see if this will be a good idea for next year. Anyway, I survived and she was so excited when I walked up behind her and tapped her shoulder and asked if we could eat with her?

No comments: