Sunday, April 22, 2012

Morgan's 6th Birthday!

Morgan Aaron is 6 today!  Can't believe how fast the years are blowing by!  The details are still fairly fresh in my mind.  She was born 2 weeks early on a Saturday morning.  At my Friday morning's BSF leader's meeting I was very uncomfortable sitting in a chair for 2 hours.  Even though it was 2 weeks before my due date, I told them as I left that if I didn't make it to our class on Monday night it was because I had the baby.  I headed to Gridley to work and on the way I called my mom to tell her she should pack for the week rather than the weekend as she and my dad were already planning a trip to finish some work in her bedroom.  I worked until lunch time and then headed back to Bloomington/Normal to get some final things.  As the night went on my contractions really started to come so we headed to the hospital around 5am.  She was a little high up so I remember every time the blood pressure cuff tightened I had to roll to the other side.  I was trying to help her work her way down.  Finally she was ready and she made her way into the world at 8:54 a.m. a tiny 5 lb. 13 oz & 19 in. long.
I remember she slept a lot then but has kept me on my toes ever since.  Between minor injuries, ER visits and 1,000 questions a day (500 of them impossible),  it's been a crazy 6 years!
Breakfast was a donut and she opened her gifts before church.  Daddy's baseball game was out of town so the 3 of us girls came home from church to make a cake before having lunch at Pizza Hut.  We rented a movie and watched that before eating the cake.  She will get to celebrate at school tomorrow and then has to wait for her party on May 12th.  Here are some pictures from her big #6.

 opening her gift from Shelby
 pink crocs for her dolls
EXCITED!!
 Kit's Accessories
 more shoes for her doll


 a Fairy Cookbook for baking

 she likes to play restaurant so I made her some menus
for Morgie Mae's Cafe

 I've had this game hidden in the basement for like 3 years
 she really likes it!
 new outfit for her little baby she likes to take everywhere
 Hello Kitty purse
 she saved the biggest gift for last
it turned out to be her favorite

getting so big! :(

flower delivery from Papa & Nonny Moe
yellow dahlia

 the poor girl has the lungs of a 96 year old instead of a 6 year old!
she had to blow each candle out 1 at a time and in true Morgan fashion
burned the tip of her nose getting so close to the blue one & it took
4 or 5 blows to get it to go out!
HaPpY 6th BiRtHdAY MoRgAn AaRoN!

No comments: