Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shelby's Field Trip

On Thursday I joined the 2nd graders from Oakdale on their field trip to Wildlife Prairie Park in Peoria.  Thankfully Shelby's class had enough volunteers & her teacher was kind to me and gave me just 2 girls besides my own to keep track of!  Although, it didn't take much for the 3 of them to remind me that I am really not much fun.  I told them if they kept running ahead and tired themselves out, I would not be carrying them.  I lost track of how many times I was asked if it was time to eat and the number of times I  heard how starved they were.  And when they made a beeline to the playground equipment, I only let them play a little bit before I made them continue on the search for animals.  I figured I did not ride a school bus for almost an hour for us to do what we could have done back at school!
Avrille, Shelby & Addis
finally!!!!
After lunch we visited the nasty snake house and then we came across the huge slide and another play area.  We finished up our tour here. 
Shelby & her favorite boy Quentin
always have to be goofy
Overall, it wasn't a bad bus ride or trip around the park.  I did find it interesting that my child did not sit with me on the bus.  On the way there she sat with Addis and I sat with a dad of one of her classmates. On the way home, she sat with Dawson (her current friend that is a boy - mom's words & her boyfriend - Shelby's words) and I sat with Autumn a girl from her class.   Now I must rest up before I go with Morgan on the K field trip.  I've got a few weeks - hopefully that will be enough.

No comments: