Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another Day, Another Injury

Sunday night I posted these words in my blog:  Between minor injuries, ER visits and 1,000 questions a day (500 of them impossible),  it's been a crazy 6 years! Well the little monkey decided to start her 6th year just like she left her 3 1/2 year.  At the end of BSF on Monday night I had a text from Nate saying Morgan may need to go to the ER to have her ankle checked.  She thinks it's fun to job off the top of the slide in the neighbor's backyard.  She was showing her dad how talented she is when she landed funny on her right ankle.  We consulted an ER nurse friend of mine and the athletic trainer for Nate's team and we opted to wait and sleep and see how she was in the morning.  It was still hurting pretty bad so I took her in to see her doctor and they did an X-ray.  Luckily there was no fracture and it is just a sprain.  I bought her an ACE bandage and she's getting around OK.  I'm going to pick her up in a few minutes and bring her home for the afternoon to rest and ice before more walking at church tonight.  Tomorrow I am going on Shelby's field trip so she will be at school for the day.  Hopefully she is back to full strength soon and learned a lesson.  However, for some reason I see her jumping off a slide again in her future.....

No comments: