Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dino Diva

I'm not sure how, but sometime during 2nd grade Shelby developed a love of dinosaurs.  It started out with a passion of drawing them.  She is really good at that.  Now everything she does is associated with dinosaurs.  The only books she checks out from the school or public library are about dinosaurs.  She wants to be one for her Halloween costume.  Not sure about that.  Her last major meltdown was because her sister wanted to read the books she checked out from NPL.  She hates it when Morgan likes the same things she does.  I told her last Friday that if she did a good job getting a flu shot I would buy her a little something.  What else would she pick?  We finally tracked down a dinosaur at The Gingerbread House.  One morning when I went in her room to wake her up, I saw she had created a bed complete with a mini pillow and blanket in the little drawer of her bedside table.
On another note, the girl has been in a mood as of late.  At bedtime tonight I got her to tell me some of this has to do with the idea of her best bud Quentin moving to another school in the district after Christmas.  She thinks without him she won't have anyone to play with at recess.  She could play soccer but doesn't like to.  According to her, they don't play by the rules.  So I haven't heard a lot of funny out of her lately.  But tonight at AWANA, we were walking down the hall after dropping Morgan off in her room.  I asked Shelby why she wasn't in her room and she said because no one else was in there.  I then asked her why she wasn't in the gym where I thought she was.  I was able to keep from laughing out loud at her answer.  She says, "There is too much MAYHEM going on in there."  Mayhem!  She threw out the word Mayhem.  And she was dead serious.  You know, Mayhem like me from the Allstate commercials?  I never think of that word outside of those fantastically funny commercials!

No comments: