Sunday, October 19, 2008

God Help Us!

God Help Us!!! At the end of this day that is about all I have left to say. I think in other posts I have told you readers about Shelby and her love for kissing on boys. Also in other posts I have said how Morgan is just a Monkey See Monkey Do kind of girl with her big sis. After church and during lunch Morgan says, "Me kiss Auggie in my class". Oh brooooother! Not sure I am going to survive this. I thought girls became aggressive at the Jr. High stage - not 2 & 4!

More thoughts about Morgan. Shortly after her kissing announcement the meat on her taco fell off the corner and she says, "Oh for Pete's Sakes". I think that is my favorite yet least favorite part of raising kids -hearing them learn how to talk. It is fun to hear them use new words and phrases. It is frightening to hear your words coming out of their mouths or some of the comments they make in public (see previous posts).

In September at church she moved out of the nursery and graduated to Toddler Church and Sunday School. Last week in the car on the way home I can hear her signing and recognized the Open Shut Them song for quieting down for prayer. And just like her sister when you ask any questions her answer involves snack time.

And as each day comes and goes I can see my little girl growing and her sweetness disappearing and the sassy, naughty two's coming out. The last 2 days she has not taken a nap. She has been getting out of her bed and coming downstairs. Today while the rest of us were snoozing (Shelby in her room, Nate in the recliner & me on the couch) she played by herself in the toy room. I am not ready for her to be doing this. Again, God help us!

No comments: