Friday, October 10, 2008

She's Too Young, I'm Too Old

Morgan's debut in gymnastics training has been cut short. I've decided to take a break at the end of this first session and hold of until January or maybe even until she is 3. In fact, we left 10 minutes early 2 weeks ago, didn't even go this past Tuesday and don't plan on going next Tuesday which will be the end of the first session. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact I have to participate with her but she would rather run all over and try to make her way to the trampolines which is always the final activity of each lesson. I think 2 year olds are capable of sitting in Toddler Church or Sunday School which she is doing now that she has graduated from the nursery, sit to read books, color or watch a video. But when it involves physical activity it is hard to get them to sit and wait for instructions for each event before running all over. One of my moms favorite things to say is "Kids are for the young". In this case I would have to agree.

No comments: