Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter







I have just been generally slow about posting things on here lately. I thought I better post some Easter photos before I get to Morgan's birthday. Our day started out searching for Easter baskets and getting ready for church. I hadn't made any plans for lunch because it wasn't until Friday morning that we were certain Nate would not be playing ball on Sunday. So it was Friday afternoon I foolishly tried to get reservations and I gave up after 2 calls. Not something to do at the last minute. I didn't really want to attempt to cook a ham and then it occurred to me I have a nice freezer full of meat. Steaks would make a nice Easter dinner. It was noon when we got out of church and before we could cook on the grill we needed a new gas tank. This would be our first grilling of the season and we ran out at the end of the fall. Shelby made a comment about going to Taco Bell. We do frequently visit Taco Bell on Sundays and it really didn't seem like a bad idea. It would be 2:00 before we could eat by the time we got the gas & a few other things at the store. So I suggested we eat Taco Bell for lunch (even though I felt kind of funny in the drive thru on Easter Sunday!) and eat the steaks for supper after we had the afternoon to prepare. All in all it was a nice family day as Nate probably hasn't been home for church on a Sunday since ball started.

No comments: