Thursday, April 30, 2009

Look Alike??

I must admit when Shelby was born, I was a little disappointed to find out she looked more like Nate than me. She has my small nose and dimples (they are there although hard to find in those chubby cheeks she can't seem to loose) but that is about it. So when Morgan came along I had hope that at least 1 of my 2 girls might look like me. It seems she resembles my family so much more than Nate's. So I like to pull out old pictures of me when Morgan has a birthday to see what kind of resemblance there is. I came across one of me from Christmas in 1977 which made me 3 years & 4 mos. And here is one of Morgan taken last week on her 3rd birthday. You decide what you think. I carried this picture of me in my purse for a few days so I could show the next person who asked me where the girls got their light hair I could show them. That seems to be
the most asked question. As you can see my hair was considerably lighter when I was a child. Also, sorry about the picture of me. They were slightly smaller in the 70's and when I scanned it it left that strange black line.

2 comments:

Sarah W said...

So cute, Sarah! I think she does look just like you. :)

People always think Madeleine's hair is like David's, but actually it looks exactly like mine at the same age. My hair has gotten so dark over the years--I bet I get to black! Ha, ha!

You know, I read in one of those free baby magazines that babies tend to look more like their daddies when they are born. I guess as some kind of genetic manifestation to make evident who is the father, since it's unmistakable who the mother is. I have no idea if this is a scientific fact, but it sounds good.

Jenn said...

wow sarah- i never knew Morgan resembled you so much. At least one of your kids has some hope!!! Just kidding. Shelby is as equally pretty. I think you are going to have some big boy problems in the future (if not already)