Monday, May 4, 2009

#5 For Shelby Girl!













Today was Shelby's fifth birthday. It's crazy how fast time flies. I think she has been waiting for this day since her birthday was over last year! She gets so excited. I am glad both of my kids get to celebrate their actual birthday during the school year and not just a 1/2 birthday. The only problem is they have to wait until practically the end of the school year. I think Shelby's was the last birthday that will be celebrated at preschool this year. We started the celebrating yesterday by going to a musical based on the book Pinkalicious. Shelby has that book and it seems right now all she sees is pink. Aunt Ashley came for the weekend to help me with the girls at the musical since Nate had baseball. On Saturday we were walking through Hobby Lobby and Shelby would squeal every time she saw a display full of pink. A. Ashley, who prefers the color black over pink, wondered if she had a radar for anything pink?!? We started the morning off with a pancake breakfast. A few traditions I grew up with in my family was a stack of pancakes with a candle in it. We also tried to successfully smear butter on the birthday kid's nose. I have carried over the candle in the pancakes but not the butter on the nose! After breakfast she opened her presents. Two days in a row she told me I was the greatest mom! WOW!! She loved everything. After presents it was off to school where she walked in with a huge smile on her face. Her teacher that greets at the door knew how much she was looking forward to today so she really made a big deal about it. After school we surprised her with picking up one of her favorite classmates and heading to McD's for Happy Meals. They played at our house for hours and many changes of dress up clothes! And Morgan did her best to keep up with them both. I think she will sleep good tonight and tomorrow will be waking up to the sound of Disney Music on her new castle alarm clock!

No comments: