Sunday, January 31, 2010

Who? What? When? Where? Why? How? & Huh?

A few weeks ago I took Morgan out to lunch. The place mat at the table had some fun facts. The one that caught my eye said: In an average day, a four year old will ask 437 questions. 437! WOW! And my husband wonders why I can easily get irritated when he comes home at the end of a day and starts asking me questions. Even something as simple as, "What's for supper?". Since that is usually Shelby's first question when she gets out of school, and more times than not my answer is met with complaint and whine, I don't want to hear it from him! I feel like he should just be amazed I'm cooking no matter what it looks like! :) Here are some of my favorite things about 437 questions in a day:
- Your answer is never satisfactory
- You killed off 500 brain cells trying to come up with the answer that was not satisfactory
- Is that a boy or a girl? (Usually at a drive-thru window or about a store sales person).
- Why do they have a tattoo?
- Why does she have her face pierced?
- Why do they have holes in their pants?
- (Of course these kind of questions are asked in front of the interesting people. The only answer I can come up with is, "Because they want to!").
- Why was the ice cream man bigger than the pizza man? (Morgan's question before bed on a Friday night the Schwan's man came before the Papa John's man).
- No matter how hard you think to come up with a logical answer you get, "HUH?"!!

No comments: