Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wild Rides at Canoe Fest

Mid June I took the girls back to my hometown for the annual Canoe Festival. My sister and I were a little disappointed in the choice of rides, but we were able to find a few to ride with the girls. Let me tell you though, my years are numbered in my ability to handle carnival rides. I can ride roller coasters all day, but carnival rides are another story! You will see from the look on my face in one of the pics just what I am talking about. Later the next week I suffered a headache I know was from the Sizzler ride! Aunt Ashley took them on the first ride. This was Morgan's first time riding the big rides so I was anxious to see what she thought. She looked terrified, then like she was having fun, she'd say she hated it then ask to ride it again!
Next was the little swinger for the girls. The adult swinger ride was one Ashley and I were disappointed not to see. It was hard to get pictures of them on that. Morgan was so excited when she got off she ran to the gate and only like she can, tripped over the big cords running across the ground. Down she went leaving her skin from both knees on the blacktop. I took her to the van and doctored her up. Thanks to Hello Kitty she was good to go and we headed back for her to ride the miniature ferris wheel with Shelby.
They rode the horses and bounced in the bouncy house
Then it was my turn to take them on the Sizzler ride. Seriously, some carnivals may call this ride the scrambler because that is exactly what is happening to your brain while you are on it!
Just getting going.....
HOLY COW!!!!! Cut my head off now!!Morgan's pony tail came out and my entire body was killing me. We stumbled over to the next ride, the Spider. This ride goes around in a circle and up and down while your little bucket is spinning. The only part I don't care for is sitting in there with little kids who want to site see from highest point when you stop to load new riders. They just don't comprehend the fact they can slide right out the back. There is nothing holding you in! (PS. Don't mind my hair. These rides do nothing for one who is trying to grow their hair out!)I successfully avoided riding the Ferris Wheel. Both girls like to ride it and it is my least favorite ride. If I am going to be up that high I want to be moving. Not sitting almost still swinging back and forth with two antsy little girls looking all around! Things started to look stormy and we had just heard a report the town just south of us had spotted a tornado. I told the girls if it started to lightening, I did not want to be up that high!
We finished up the rides and got some treats to enjoy while watching the fireworks. Morgan had fun eating her sno-cone.Sunday after church we set out for the big parade...... in the rain! We did not torture ourselves and stay for the entire thing. We left after seeing part of the Wisconsin Badger band perform. Morgan was not happy when her wet dress kept rubbing up against her sore knees.
We headed home to get some dry clothes and finished off the fun weekend with a trip to see A Year in the Life of Frog and Toad performed by the community theatre. It was well done and fun for me since one of my high school classmates played the part of Toad. He did a great job!

No comments: