Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Really, I'm Not Making This Stuff Up!

Stuff meaning - Morgan and her injuries. Here's her latest klutzy adventure. While rocking her before bed tonight, Shelby comes in and wants to be rocked too. Morgan does not like sharing the chair so she wasn't happy about it. She asked to have the light turned on so she could look at a partially torn toenail. I decided it would be easier to send her downstairs to have Nate help her clip the nail while I rocked Shelby. When she came back Shelby would go to bed and I would finish rocking Morgan. So she heads downstairs. Keep in mind in our house Morgan's room is at the far end of the hallway from the top of the stairs and the banister. One must hang a short left and go around the banister if one is avoiding walking into it. Well this particular One, who regularly does not watch where she is going, ran her mouth into the end of the banister post. I heard the thud from the other end of the hall just before I heard the crying. Luckily she just cut the gum line a little bit and it was bleeding and looks a little bruised. Her tooth seems to be OK. Sadly, this is not the first time or probably even the second time she has hit some part of her face or head on that thing. I'm not sure how many times she will run into it before she figures out she should look straight ahead when walking down the hallway instead of looking off to one side or the other. I am thankful that as far as I know no one from DCFS or my Insurance Co reads this blog!

No comments: