Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Prayers for All the Extras!

The other day it was evident how important it is for me to be praying for the ENTIRE experience the girls have at public school.  I realize they learn so much more than Reading, Math, Science & English.  There is also lunch & playground where all kinds of lessons are learned!  At Oakdale, it is a colorful collection of all sorts of kids from all sorts of backgrounds.  Morgan's K class are buddies with 1 of the 3rd grade classes.  The first week of school they help them get used to the lunch system and the rest of the year they are their reading buddies.  Morgan said her 3rd grade buddy told her a boy in their class was in Juvie.  I said, "Juvie!  Do you even know what that is"?!  She said, "Yes, it's jail for kids"!  I'm pretty sure I didn't know what Juvie was when I was 5.  Wait, did they even have Juvie when I was 5?

No comments: