Thursday, February 16, 2012

Heart Day 2012

Valentine's Day started a little loveless around here.  Being Monday's are late nights, Tuesday was a crabby morning.  Emotional drama took over as it usually does and there were tears for #1 over a hair clip disagreement.  She refuses almost all of my suggestions and does not agree with that old saying, "Mother Knows Best".  I hope one day down the road she remembers these days.  Every difficult child deserves 1 of their own that is worse than they were.  However, I don't remember being a difficult child.  Hmmm, Nate???  Anyway, I made my way to Oakdale for the exciting class parties.  Hard to believe it is the last one of the year.
Morgan before school
Shelby had to wait (no tears in my photos)

 Morgan's class reading waiting for the party to start
 Morgan & teammates for the game
turn a classmate into a snowman






27 of the little crazies
4 where missing
it's a shame when that can be a blessing! :) 
 craft/snack was a heart cookie to frost & decorate
my stomach started to turn just looking at some of these!


 ahh, YUCK!
 Before I had to watch Morgan attempt to eat that cookie, I headed over to Shelby's room.  Luckily she was in a better mood then the last time I saw her.
 their game was a scavenger hunt to find a list of stuff
in their valentines
 a picture opportunity without tears
After school we headed to the public library for Partners in Reading.  After that we headed home and got some homework done before Shelby went to basketball practice.  When they returned we had supper and the sugar filled wheels began to fall off.  Our night ended a lot like it started, loveless.  So the girls went to bed without opening their gifts.  

Wednesday before school we tried again.  There was more drama (sugar hangover I suppose) and you can see that when you look at Shelby's face.

 Nate the Great makes everyone happy

 Dad had flowers delivered for his girls

That was our love day.  Typical with children, school and activities I suppose.  Only thing missing was some love.  I'm off now to go find some.  But since it's homework time, I doubt I'll find any!

No comments: