Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mastering the Pogo Stick

At the birthday party, my brother's oldest son Noah was hopping around on the pogo stick like a professional.  Shelby doesn't like to be beat in much, especially by a younger cousin.  The girls got pogo sticks for Christmas 2 years ago, but they haven't messed around on them much.  On Sunday after most of the party guests had left, Shelby bounced on that ridiculous stick until she got it.  She ended up with a big bruise on each knee and wore out the rubber tip on the end of the stick.
That was Sunday.  On Wednesday she hopped while I counted and she jumped off at 500 consecutive hops.  Noah had told her he had jumped 400 and something times.  She wanted to beat him.  Have I mentioned she's a little competitive?

Here is a short video I took of her in action.  It is not from the same night she jumped 500 times.  I had a hard enough time counting to 500.  I would not have been able to video at the same time!  I also can't figure out how to rotate it.  It's not too long so you shouldn't get a neck cramp watching.

No comments: