Saturday, May 12, 2012

Time to Party for 8 & 6!

It's only 2 months later, but the weather if finally allowing me to sit out front while the girls play & update this ole blog.  I had the girls' birthday party back in May on Mother's Day weekend.  The usual suspects were our guests and they had another great party playing with their cousins. They do enjoy their grandparents, aunts & uncles too.  Shelby's party theme was Angry Birds as she and her dad have mastered all the games and levels.  Morgan's theme changed several times and we ended up with a colorful butterfly.  I made the invites.
 I added antennas to Morgan's butterfly with a sharpie.
We had BBQ Pork & Ham Sandwiches in honor of the pigs in the angry bird games.  Cakes were made to go with the invites.  Morgan's turned out a little crazy but that's what you get when they call you a few hours before you are picking it up to say they lost the directions.
I made an Angry Bird treat bag for each kid with their favorite angry bird.
And a butterfly pinata for a fun game.  They each got to hit it at least twice and we did youngest to the oldest.  Caleb was playing the shy card so he sat out.
Ian
 Trey
Morgan
Noah
Shelby
Reese
Drew
gathering the loot
As I look at these pictures from two months ago I am sad to see the beautiful green grass that is now entirely brown.  I am not sad to know that waiting to collapse swingset is no longer there.  And as of today, neither is that worn out fence!
As usual they got some fun gifts.  Here are a few pictures of some of them.  They also got money, DSI games & outfits.
After gifts we had cake and ice cream.
I think they had another fun party with their cousins.  Not sure how many more years I can get away with family parties over friends.  I think they are happy with it because their party gives them a chance to see their cousins which is not very often.

No comments: