Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day this year was the definition of lazy.  We had some overnight guests from the birthday party.  After breakfast most of them made their way home.  I stayed in my PJ's all day.  I even wore them next door when we ate supper with the neighbors.  The girls brought me things they had made at school.
Morgan made me this paper flower arrangement.  I can pull out a flower and on the stem there are jobs for her.  Not surprisingly, the one she does not like is the one that says:
 I will clean my room
Shelby made something too.  Take note of the picture.  She didn't read above the box that said draw a picture of your mom.
 All I could think about was that nice letter she recently wrote to her dad.  If you didn't catch that post, you can read it here.
http://www.rlifeisbaseball.blogspot.com/2012/05/shelbys-letter-to-daddy.html
Now she did have the dinosaur say I Love You Mom.  I don't think she sees me as a dinosaur as much as that right now they are her favorite things to draw.
She did write some nice things about why I am special.  If you can't read it this is what she said:
My mom is special because she smiles like a flower in the sun.  You can see in her eyes that she is precious like a gem.  She loves the smell of roses and has cheeks as rosy as they are.  She knows what's right for me.  My mom is a good celebrity!  I love my mom.
Thanks girls, I love you too!  And I do plan to keep this to pull out that day you decide I no longer know what is right for you. :)

No comments: